Monday 7 March 2016

#1 Husband Socks


What a great pair of socks to launch my new blog. I have been making socks for a few years now but my hubby always said that he "didn't like hand knit socks" so I never made him any. Truthfully, I was a little relieved that he didn't want me to make him socks because he has a size 12-13 feet! (Euro 45, UK 11.5)

A couple of years ago, as I was making socks for our very large footed sons, I asked my husband to try them on for fit and shape. He immediately said, "Oh, they feel nice!"

Fast forward to last summer. I had just received a package of yarn from an online order and there were a few balls of Opal sitting on the table; one brown and two blue striped yarns. He (jokingly) said "Are these for me??" so what could I do? I had to make him socks with this yarn. I was making them for this last Christmas but didn't get them done in time so I gave him one sock and an IOU for the other one.

I finished them before the end of January and they were the first socks finished in 2016.



Yarn: Opal
Colourway: 8865 Beisammensein
Needle: 2.75 mm
Pattern: Basic Ribbed Socks
Completed: January 20, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment