Tuesday 8 March 2016

#3 Eye of the Helix Cable Socks

I really loved this pattern. I love a beautiful cable sock knitted in a nice solid colour and I happened to have a couple of bags of this colourway from Patons Kroy Socks. The colourway is Muslin.

There's a lot of different things going on with this sock. The edge cable is on either side of the helix pattern. I love the centre cable that splits off to create the eye. The pattern is fully charted and is very easy to follow. I love the transition to the heel at the back, the cables stop above the top of your shoe so it wouldn't be bulky at that point.

I believe this is the first pattern I've knitted from Cynthia Levy of RedTigerDesigns (on Ravelry). It's well written and I don't think I found even one little typo. Pretty good for a free pattern, I must say. I've bought patterns that had many mistakes in them!

Top view, so you can see the 'eye'



I would make this patten again! 

Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks
Colourway: 55008 Muslin
Needle: 2.75 mm
Pattern: Eye of the Helix Socks, by Cynthia Levy
Completed: February 29, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment